I actually found this recipe from a fantastic collection of green ideas called Ethical Blog. This is a great recipe for the leftover almond pulp from making some of the other milk recipes on this blog with my handmade nutmilk kit.
- 1 cup loosely-packed almond pulp
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 6 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 – 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, optional
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash all ingredients together with a fork until combined. Form into a ball, then split ball in half and place one half on each parchment-lined baking sheet.
- With your hands, spread the dough as evenly and as thinly as possible, about 1/8-inch thick. Use a butter knife to cut into 1×1-inch crackers.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Flip crackers over and bake for another 15 minutes. Flip again and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until deep golden brown. They will still be slightly soft when removed from the oven. Total bake time: 55-65 minutes.
- Crackers will get crunchy as they cool. Store in sealed container for 1-3 days.